Thursday 28 July 2016

THE FACE | CURRENT FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION ROUTINE


Full coverage products is where my happy place is! I love a good full coverage base which means, it gives me a flawless face to flaunt through out the day. It easily hide my imperfections from acne scarring, uneven skin tones / pigmentations, and of course my very loud dark circles! For the longest time, I have been over the moon with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which I still love to this day. The coverage is on point, and the longevity especially on oily skin is perfection! Now that it is winter time, I'm trying to avoid any heavy full matte foundation as I get quite a few dry spots due to cold weather. 
Upon hunting for a new foundation that will give me a good full coverage, as well as not feel too drying, I stumbled upon my empty bottles of M.A.C Pro Longwear Foundation! Then I remembered that I used to love this foundation specifically during winter time! From what I remember, it gave me full coverage with satin finish which is what I'm going for winter. The formula is very lightweight that has build-able coverage from light to full! It lasts all day even through sweat! Not to mention that the colour match is spot on! That's what i love about M.A.C face products, because you can definitely find any shade. Only thing I noticed is that I have to set it with a translucent powder to avoid any separation cause by my excess oil. 
Ofcourse a good primer will definitely help! Currently, I'm loving the Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue primer. This primer has a gel consistency which helps to combat shine and also fill in my pores. I do love the original Benefit Porefessional which does incredible with smoothing the skin. But this primer is on a higher level! It also gives a cooling sensation which can actually decrease the size of the pores! 



Dark circles is one of my main issues and I have tried most concealers out in the market and there is only two that works hand in hand together or even alone! M.A.C Pro Longwear Concealer is my ultimate fave when it comes to concealer! It lasts all day, does not crease or move around despite of my lids and under eyes being oily! I prefer using 2 shades lighter as it conceals and brighten my under eyes. You only need a teeny tiny bit to cover the entire under eyes. It is so easy to get heavy handed with this product but with a beauty blender, it can easily be fixed! Another concealer in rotation is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer which is light weight but gives a great coverage!  I tend to ix it with Pro Longwear concealer to loosen the formula a little that way it blends more smoothly and seamlessly. 


As for setting the base, translucent powder is a must! I've been enjoying baking since it came out. Apparently it helps making the foundation and concealer last all day especially for those who have oily skin. It gives me a flawless finish as well as mattify my skin for up to 5hours! One I'm currently using is the Face of Australia Translucent Powder! Any other translucent powder will work just as fine. Make sure it is well blended and buffed into the skin to avoid white cast and white patches when taking a photo with flash photography. 

For more added coverage, M.A.C Studio Fix Powder has been my OG product! I have been using this powder for years and years and I love the coverage it gives! I like to use this for touch ups and also to set around my acne scars as it covers them like a dream! The compact lasts forever considering the fact that I use it daily! 



Thanks for stopping by!
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment