Sunday 23 November 2014

THE FACE: 'No Makeup' Makeup


Having a real tight schedule and waking up early every morning can be a bit of a challenge. For one, it is such a struggle to get out of bed and two you barely have 10 minutes to get yourself together for work/school. One of the things I hate is when I pile on so much on my face, and by the time I get to work it's all unblended and caked up! I used to be about the full coverage life as I have too many breakouts to cover. Now that my skin has gotten a lot better, I can get away with just wearing a very light base (i.e BB cream, powder). It took me quite sometime to narrow down the products I use and what works for me and get ready in less than 10 minutes looking nice and presentable. From then on, this has been my go-to makeup look! 



My main focus when doing my on-the-go makeup is the base, brows, and cheeks. I'm not worried about the lips as lip balms/tinted lip balms or even lipstick can do it for me. It all depends in my mood for the day. First, I like to use this Lioeli BB cream in Green Veil. Since it is a green based Bb cream, it cancels out any redness I have in my face. Another great thing about this BB cream is that once it is all blended out the color changes from green to you skin tone color. Once thats done, I like to follow it up with a bit of MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC40 for more coverage and to set the BB cream. To add a little life back to my face, I like to use a warm blush and this one is by Beauty UK Blusher in No.4 Orange. Brows are everything to me, even if I don't have all of these base, I'd like to have my brows defined. It makes such a huge difference in framing your face, and it gives more vavavoom to it! My holy grail brow product is the HOURGLASS Arch Brow Pencil in Dark Brunette. The color is not too warm or cool. It blends in like a dream and it is wax based so it will hold your brows in place and fill in the gaps. For my lips, I like to change it up once in a awhile but what I've been loving at the moment is the Essence lipstick in In The Nude.  It is moisturizing in the lips and it gives a sheer nude pink color that is great for evening out my lips natural color. 

I totally love this look and it only takes me 5 minutes or more to achieve this! The one tip I could share is to find your worries within your face - scarring/pigmentation/acne, dark circles etc. and find products that can counteract or cover anything you want to cover. Also pick the products that are beneficial and multi-tasker. Not only it saves you time but it gets something domes without piling coats and coats of heavy duty products.

Hope you enjoyed this post and until next time.
Thanks for stopping by!
xx
CARMELA




No comments:

Post a Comment